Learn how to drive a Talent 2 EMU.
- CLIMB ABOARD: Sit in the indicated Driver’s seat of the unit
- BATTERY: Hold the Battery Switch in the ‘Ein’ position for 5 seconds
- MASTER KEY: Turn the Master Key to ‘1’. MTDs will illuminate and display the Train Configuration
- CONFIRM CONFIGURATION: Confirm the train configuration by pressing ‘E’ on the MFD/MTD
- PANTOGRAPH: Press the Pantograph Toggle switch
- PANTOGRAPH CIRCUIT BREAKER: Set the Pantograph Circuit Breaker to CLOSED
- HEADLIGHTS: Set the exterior lights to DIMMED BEAM
- REVERSER: Turn the Reverser Switch to FORWARD
- HORN: Press the Horn button
- INDIRECT BRAKE: Move the Indirect Brake to the Release Position
- PARKING BRAKE: Press the Parking Brake Off button
- THROTTLE: Move the Power/Brake handle into the power sector
- THROTTLE: Set the Power/Brake handle to the central position
- APPLY BRAKES: Move the Power/Brake handle into the brake sector
- PARKING BRAKE: Press the Parking Brake On button
Task Log Edit
- Welcome to this Talent 2 articulated electric multiple unit built by Bombardier Transportation. This is a three car variant delivered to the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland network in 2013
- During this brief introduction, we will cover how to start up the unit for operation; get moving; and then how to bring the unit to a stop.
- To start with, climb aboard via the Cab Dorr and sit in the Driver’s seat
- During normal operation, this unit draws electricity from the overhead catenary via a pantograph. However, since the pantograph is currently in the down position, we have to power the initial systems by priming the auxiliary battery.
- With power available, use the Master Key to unlock the control desk and turn on the Multi-Functional Displays.
- Now activate the pantograph, so that it raises up and makes contact with the overhead catenary.
- Set the exterior lights for normal operation.
- Set the Reverser to Forward.
- Sound the horn to warn anyone around that the unit is about to move.
- The unit has two braking systems: an indirect brake and a blended brake that is part of the Power/Brake handle.
- Set the indirect brake to Release. This brake is generally not required during normal operation but can be used in cases of emergency.
- Finally, switch off the Parking Brake.
- Move the Power/Brake handle as required and the train will begin to accelerate.
- Great work, the unit is now moving.
- Set the Power/Brake handle back to the neutral position
- Before travelling too far, let’s bring the train to a halt.
- To do this, move the Power/Brake handle as required.
- Now that the unit has stopped, press the Parking Brake On button.
- Well done. That concludes this brief introduction to the Talent 2 articulated electric multiple unit.
- A manual is also included which covers everything in this tutorial and more.
- WALK AROUND: Use W, A, S and D buttons to walk around
- CLIMBING ABOARD: You will need to open the door, then climb up the steps
- SIT IN SEAT: Press E to sit in any available seat
- MASTER KEY: You can also use CTRL + W to set the Master Key
- PANTOGRAPH: You can also use P to raise the Pantograph
- HEADLIGHTS: You can also use H to toggle the Headlights
- REVERSER: You can also use W to increase the Reverser
- HORN: You can also press Space to sound the Horn
- TRAIN BRAKE: You can also use ; to decrease the Train Brake
- PARKING BRAKE: You can also use SHIFT+\ to release the Parking Brake
- THROTTLE/BRAKE: You can also use A to increase the Throttle/Brake
- THROTTLE/BRAKE: You can also use D to decrease the Throttle/Brake
- PARKING BRAKE: You can also press \ to apply the Parking Brake
|Locomotives||DB BR 1442|
|Locations||Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz - Leipzig HBF - Bitterfeld - Dessau HBF|
|Tutorials||Talent 2 Introduction|
|Scenarios||Rapid Transit - Metropolitan - North Bound - Leipziger - Cross Town|