Northeast Corridor: New York is the fourth route for Train Sim World. It features the Northeast Corridor between Newark Airport and New Rochelle via Penn Station in New York and the CSX freight branch to Fresh Pond Yard. It was announced on the 22nd February 2018 with a release date of 15th March 2018. The release date was later pushed back to the 20th March.
The first hint was revealed on the 20th February 2018 and showed a partial route map. Using a map overlay, it was revealed that it shows part of New York and could possibly be the Northeast Corridor route.
The second hint showed a further section of the Northeast Corridor route near to New Rochelle. It was predicted that the route would run from New York Penn to New Rochelle.
Hint 3 Edit
The third hint added the western portion of the route near Newark. This resulted in the route being predicted to run from Newark Airport via Penn Station to New Rochelle with a branch to Fresh Pond Junction.
Hint 4 Edit
The fourth hint showed the entire route map, confirming the route from Newark Airport to New Rochelle.
NEC: New York covers the Northeast Corridor from Newark Airport to New Rochelle via New York Penn station. The route also contains the branch line to Fresh Pond Junction, where the route meets the Long Island Railroad & the New York & Atlantic Railroad. There are also various freight yards along the route including Oak Point Yard and the Amtrak depot at Sunnyside Yard.
- ACS-64: The ACS-64 is the standard Amtrak passenger locomotive on the Northeast Corridor, hauling services such as the Northeast Regional between Washington and Boston
- GP38-2 - Part of the Dash 2 range of EMD locomotives, the GP38-2 was introduced in 1972, 2222 of these 2000 horsepower locomotives were produced, of which CSX gained many from it's predecessor railroads.
Rolling Stock Edit
- Amfleet I: Passenger coaches used by Amtrak in conjunction with the ACS-64 locomotive.
- 50 foot Plate C Boxcar: A boxcar used by CSX Transportation to transport mixed goods.
- 5201-Cubic Foot Covered Car: A covered hopper used by CSX Transportation to transport goods such as grain or cement.
- 30,500 Gallon Tank Car: A tank car used by CSX Transportation to transport goods such as oil or fuel.
- 73-foot center-beam flatcar: A centre-beam flatcar used by CSX Transportation to transport products such as planks.
- 85-foot Open Deck Flatcar: A flatcar used by CSX Transportation to carry containers.
The NEC: New York dlc contains seven scenarios:
- City Sprinter - Take to the controls of a train at Newark Liberty International Airport and operate it through to New York Penn station.
- Terminal Switcher - From Oak Point Yard, take a cut of box cars over to Hunts Point Terminal. Once there bring back a consist of mixed cars.
- City Lights - Take to the controls of a train at New Rochelle and operate it through to New York Penn station.
- Back Track - Operate a manifest train up from Fresh Pond Yard to Oak Point Yard.
- Right Round - Complete an empty stock move from New York Penn to Sunnyside Yard via the train wash.
- Trash Collector - Starting out at Oak Point Yard, run some trash empties out to Harlem Terminal and drop them off before hauling a loaded cut back.
- New York Switcher - Free Switching in the yards of New York.
NEC: New York currently has 135 passenger services, all operated by the ACS-64. An in-depth freight timetable for the route was added to NEC: New York on the 19th April 2018, a month after the initial release.. Whilst the route only contains the GP38-2, owners of the GP40-2 dlc have the option of driving the GP40-2 instead of the GP38-2 in service mode.
NEC: New York uses a variety of signalling types in conjunction with the ATC and ACSES safety systems. A detailed guide to signalling on this route can be found here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/nec-ny-signal-tutorials.4174/
|Newark Liberty Airport||0|
|New York Penn||12.5|
|Fresh Pond Yard||(4)|
|Hell Gate Bridge||19.5|
|Oak Point Yard||22.5|
- ACS-64 All Aboard: Completed 64 boarding tasks
- GP38-2 Car Collector: Coupled up to other vehicles 380 times (Only achievable on PC and Play Station)
- ACS-64 City Sprinter: Reached 100 mph in the ACS-64
- ACS-64 Northeast Regional: Operated 640 miles in the ACS-64
- GP38-2 Geep Trail: Operated 380 miles in the GP38-2
- NEC Day One: Completed the ACS-64 Basic Introduction
- NEC Time to Shine: Completed the GP38-2 Basic Introduction
- NEC New Yorker: Completed all the available services
- NEC Big Step: Collected all collectibles on Northeast Corridor New York
- NEC Manhattan Master: Completed all scenarios on Northeast Corridor New York
|NEC: New York|
|Locomotives||ACS-64 - GP38-2|
|Rolling Stock||Amfleet I - 50 foot Plate C Boxcar - 5201-Cubic Foot Covered Car - 30,500 Gallon Tank Car - 73-foot center-beam flatcar - 85-foot Open Deck Flatcar|
|Locations||Newark Airport - Newark - New York Penn - Fresh Pond Yard - Oak Point Yard - New Rochelle|
|Operators||Amtrak - CSX Transportation|
|Tutorials||ACS-64 Introduction - GP38-2 YN3 Introduction|
|Scenarios||City Sprinter - Terminal Switcher - City Lights - Back Track - Right Round - Trash Collector - New York Switcher|
|Train Sim World Routes|
|Germany||Rapid Transit - Ruhr Sieg Nord|
|United Kingdom||Great Western Express - West Somerset Railway - Northern Trans-Pennine|
|United States||Sand Patch Grade - NEC: New York - Long Island Rail Road|