The Long Island Rail Road route is the third US route for Train Sim World, featuring the Long Island Rail Road from New York Penn, Atlantic Terminal and Long Island City to Hicksville via Jamaica as well as branch lines to Hempstead and Belmont Park. There is one locomotive featured in the route, the M7.
The first hint showed an eastern United States PRR signal. There was speculation of it being either a CSX, Norfolk Southern or Long Island Railroad route.
The route includes many sections of the Long Island Rail Road, these are:
- The Main Line from Long Island City and New York Penn to Hicksville via Jamaica
- Atlantic Branch from Jamaica to Atlantic Terminal
- Hempstead Branch from Floral Park to Hempstead
- Belmont Park Branch from Queens Village to Belmont Park
The route comes with one locomotive, the M7, operated by the Long Island Rail Road. These are sets of 2 carriage EMUs which are often coupled together in sets of up to 12 carriages long to operate services on the electrified sections of the LIRR.
- M7 Introduction - Learn the basics of the M7 Electric Multiple Unit including starting, stopping, and passenger boarding operations.
The route comes with five scenarios, all featuring the M7:
- Change at Jamaica - You are due to relieve another driver on their service to Hunterspoint Avenue. Catch the train over to Jamaica in time to relieve the driver and complete his local service. You will then need to stable the service at Long Island City ready for use later in the day.
- Suburban Sunset - Operate a local service on its final leg from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station.
- Race Day Run - Drive an express service to Floral Park, where it becomes a local service to Hempstead, then complete the return journey.
- Kings & Queens - The line to West Hempstead has been closed at Locust Manor for engineering works. Drive a service from Atlantic Terminal to Jamaica, then return to Atlantic Terminal
- Maintenance Maneuver - Some M7 units at West Side Yard are due for routine maintenance. Take the empty stock over to the depot at Hillside and prepare them for servicing.
Service Mode Edit
The route includes a 24-hour service mode timetable, featuring 181 services for the M7.
Italics indicate along a short branch (No distances given)
|East New York||4|
|Country Life Press||20.8|
- LIRR: Branching Out: Complete 7 Long Island Railroad services (PS4 Only)
- LIRR Along for the Ride: Complete 70 Passenger Boarding Tasks with the M7
- M7 Seven Up: Reach Loco Level 10 for the M7
- LIRR Making Headway: Reach Route Level 10 on Long Island Railroad
- LIRR Accessed All Areas: Complete all Scenarios on Long Island Railroad
- M7 Junior Operator: Complete the M7 Introduction Tutorial
- LIRR Discovery Island: Collect all collectables on Long Island Railroad
- LIRR The King of Queens: Complete 70 Long Island Railroad services
- M7 The Cannonball: Reach a speed of 70 mph in the M7
|Long Island Rail Road|
|Locations||New York Penn - Atlantic Terminal - Long Island City - Jamaica - Hempstead - Hicksville|
|Operators||Long Island Rail Road (Operator)|
|Scenarios||Change at Jamaica - Suburban Sunset - Race Day Run - Kings & Queens - Maintenance Maneuver|
|Train Sim World Routes|
|Germany||Rapid Transit - Ruhr Sieg Nord|
|United Kingdom||Great Western Express - West Somerset Railway - Northern Trans-Pennine|
|United States||Sand Patch Grade - NEC: New York - Long Island Rail Road|