Learn how to refuel a locomotive.
- FUEL CAP: Remove the fuel cap from the locomotive.
- FUEL HOSE: Pick up the fuel hose.
- FUEL HOSE: Attach the hose to the fuel tank.
- BEGIN REFUELLING: Walk over to fuel pump and begin refuelling.
- FUEL: Fill locomotive to maximum fuel level.
- FUEL HOSE: Pick up the fuel hose again.
- FUEL CAP: Place the fuel cap back on locomotive.
There are no new controls in this tutorial.
Task Log Edit
- Refuelling is an important part of keeping a locomotive running so let's go over how we do it.
- A refuelling stand consists of two components: The hose which connects to the locomotive; and, the pump activation control.
- A locomotive is already stopped in the right place. Walk over and remove the fuel cap.
- Now, go and pick up th Fuel Hose.
- Take it over to the locomotive and attach the hose to the fuel tank.
- Return to the fuel stand and activate the refuelling pump.
- The system will automatically switch off once the tank is full. You can see the state of refuelling by observing the indicator on the side of the fuel tank.
- Pick up the hose and put it back on the fuel stand. Then replace the fuel tank cap.
- And that's all there is to it.
|CSX Heavy Haul|
|Locomotives||AC4400CW - GP38-2 - SD40-2|
|Rolling Stock||BethgonII® Coal Gondola - Husky Stack® 53-foot Container Car - 89-foot Bi-Level Auto Rack - 5201-Cubic Foot Covered Car - 30,500 Gallon Tank Car - 50 foot Plate C Boxcar|
|Locations||Cumberland - Sand Patch - Shaw Mine - Rockwood Mine|
|Tutorials||Intro Sequence Tutorial - Yard Switching - Locomotive Turntable - Locomotive Refuelling - AC4400CW Introduction - Coal Loading - Train Brakes: Theory - SD40-2 Introduction - GP38-2 Introduction|
|Scenarios||Sand Patch Summit - A Helping Hand - Clear Cut - Fully Fuelled - Cumberland Charge - Ice and Snow - Powering America Part 1 - Powering America Part 2 - Cumberland Switchback|
|Miscellaneous||History - Signalling|